Thursday, April 22, 2010

My "old man"

We have had quite a few CRAZY things happen to us the last few months..
One Sunday in the end of February Dusty went for a run... no big deal, he runs marathons right...

Well WRONG....He went out for a run and 5 minutes later I get a call from my neighbor telling me that Dusty had fainted up the street at the model house.. I jumped in the car and drove up there,only to see that he was almost home... I took him home and put him in bed, fed him some food, and he was feeling fine.. I tried to talk him into going up to the E.R., but NO WAY was he going there.. So, I called my mom and told her what happened and she talked/guilted him into going up.. He called me and said he was being admitted... Scared to death I kinda don't remember what all happened at that point.. I asked him why.. He said he had 4 pulmonary embelisms in his lungs... oh my HELL... memories of his heart attack are coming back to me.... now what???

Well, he ended up in the hospital for about a week.. They did not figure out why he had the blood clots or anything. I got him into a really good Doctor at McKay... The doctor was not accepting new patience but for whatever reason they accepted him.. Maybe it was me begging, crying, pleading , dropping a friends name or the Dr. on the old mans floor that asked Dr. Mansfield to take in my husband... I was so relieved.

The funny thing about this is that Dusty is only in his 30's and has been on the cardiac floor with all of the OLD people twice now.. What am I going to do with him? Well, he is back running and on coumidin ... I am so happy that my family is healthy and doing good right now...

Thank you to everyone who helped out, called, brought dinner and had us in your prayers.. We are so thankful to have you all in our lives.... A special thanks to the Fillpot Family who is ALWAYS there for us CRAZY Parkers . Amy thanks for listening to me just talk about it and get everything out.. Your the BEST Friend ever..... also to my parents who took my kids. I felt so much better that they were with you guys and I could be there for Dusty.. And to Dusty's family.. He looked forward to getting a call from all of you everyday. Especially his dad who lives out of state.. Thanks for everything and from everyone. My heart is soo full of love for all of you..

3 Comments:

Blogger callclan said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, I am glad that all is well now... You are one strong women!!!

April 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We had no idea! So sorry you have been going through all this. Happy that things look well now. One thing after the other, isn't it? Hope life slows down a little for you guys now!

April 22, 2010 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am sooo very glad he is okay! You guys are the best! We just LOVE having you as friends and neighbors:)

April 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home